Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynolly
Reel Rookie

Subscription issues auto renew

Jump to solution

How do I stop ROKU from automatically subscribing me to channels?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Subscription issues auto renew

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Lynolly.

Subscriptions will be activated only when a user subscribes to a premium channel with the explicit permission of the account owner. Subscribers are required to obtain the account owner's authorization before activating any premium channel subscriptions. However, in some cases, accidental purchases will cause unintended charges to your account. To manage account subscriptions, kindly visit this support FAQ How do I manage or cancel a channel subscription?

We hope that you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you have other questions; we're happy to help.

All the best
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't automatically subscribe anyone, so something else is going on.  Make sure you have a PIN on your account so purchases can't be made without it.  You can set it by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  While you're there, check the list of devices that are linked to your account.  If you don't recognize any of them, delete them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lynolly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope, no other devices and I have a pin! I get emails saying my subscriptions will automatically renew and I have to go and set them to not automatically renew

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Lynolly.

Subscriptions will be activated only when a user subscribes to a premium channel with the explicit permission of the account owner. Subscribers are required to obtain the account owner's authorization before activating any premium channel subscriptions. However, in some cases, accidental purchases will cause unintended charges to your account. To manage account subscriptions, kindly visit this support FAQ How do I manage or cancel a channel subscription?

We hope that you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you have other questions; we're happy to help.

All the best
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos