Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oryana

Roku on a second smart tv

Jump to solution

I paid for a subscription channel thru Roku. I want to watch it on a second tv but can not. I only have one Roku device and the second tv is smart tv . 
I have the Roku app on the second smart tv but I can’t see my subscription channel there. 

can I link or share the paid subscription channel between the two TVs ? 
if so, how ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku on a second smart tv

Jump to solution

Hi, @Oryana.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you want to access your paid subscriptions on your other non-Roku Smart TV. We're happy to provide you with information.

To answer your question, yes, but you can only access The Roku Channel's free content on your non-Roku Smart TV. Regarding the premium subscriptions, you can only access them through your Roku TV via "The Roku Channel." 

As of now, users are only able to view their subscriptions using the same devices that they initially subscribed from. The subscriptions are limited to The Roku Channel within Roku devices. However, accessing a premium subscription on your non-Roku Smart TV is possible if obtained directly through the channel partner.

For more comprehensive information, visit this support FAQ on How to get The Roku Channel.

Let us know if you have more questions; we are happy to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Oryana.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you want to access your paid subscriptions on your other non-Roku Smart TV. We're happy to provide you with information.

To answer your question, yes, but you can only access The Roku Channel's free content on your non-Roku Smart TV. Regarding the premium subscriptions, you can only access them through your Roku TV via "The Roku Channel." 

As of now, users are only able to view their subscriptions using the same devices that they initially subscribed from. The subscriptions are limited to The Roku Channel within Roku devices. However, accessing a premium subscription on your non-Roku Smart TV is possible if obtained directly through the channel partner.

For more comprehensive information, visit this support FAQ on How to get The Roku Channel.

Let us know if you have more questions; we are happy to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Oryana Subscriptions purchase through Roku can only be accessed on a Roku device.  I would login to your Roku account and cancel your subscription.  You will not get a refund since the subscription did work on your Roku device.  Then go to the website of the subscription and subscribe directly.  I never purchase from Roku, Amazon, Apple or any streaming device because of what you experienced.  Always purchase directly from the provider and you can watch on any supported device.  I have Roku, Apple, Firestick, and Chromecast with Google TV devices and I can use any for almost all of my apps.