Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellison

Sign in to subscription channel

Jump to solution

We have a subscription to News Max. Occasionally it makes us sign in with email and password. Is there a way to make it automatically open every time?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sign in to subscription channel

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Kellison.

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to be automatically signed in to NewsMax. We are more than willing to give additional details.

Typically, when you sign in to the Channel, you will automatically go to the Channel's home menu. However, it will depend on how you subscribe. If you're subscribed directly through Roku, you need to access NewsMax through The Roku Channel. 

Additionally, we would like to know how you typically access the Channel—do you go directly through your TV or use other devices? Please note that if you have subscriptions purchased through Roku, you won't be prompted to log in again after you log in with your credentials. Otherwise, if you stream directly to NewsMax, you need to contact NewsMax support for further clarification.

You may refer to this support article for additional information: How to sign in to watch movies and TV shows.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Warm regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Kellison.

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to be automatically signed in to NewsMax. We are more than willing to give additional details.

Typically, when you sign in to the Channel, you will automatically go to the Channel's home menu. However, it will depend on how you subscribe. If you're subscribed directly through Roku, you need to access NewsMax through The Roku Channel. 

Additionally, we would like to know how you typically access the Channel—do you go directly through your TV or use other devices? Please note that if you have subscriptions purchased through Roku, you won't be prompted to log in again after you log in with your credentials. Otherwise, if you stream directly to NewsMax, you need to contact NewsMax support for further clarification.

You may refer to this support article for additional information: How to sign in to watch movies and TV shows.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Warm regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickmik
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Unable to sign in to Newsmax using my Roku email and password. I get an error message that my subscription does not permit viewing the Live Republican National Convention although I was watching it all of last night with no problem. This is very, very frustrating as I am missing much of this one-time event.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've posted this multiple times, so excuse me for the emphasis, but you never use your Roku account email address and password to log into any app on a Roku device.  Your device is already linked to your Roku account, so entering that information would be redundant.  If any app is asking you for a username/email address and password it's asking for the credentials you've established specifically for that app/service.  If you can log in on the Newsmax website, use the same credentials to log into their Roku app.  If it doesn't work, contact Newsmax.  Roku has absolutely nothing to do with their app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.