Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edora19

Roku Ultra (4660X2) good deal for $20?

A friend of mine upgraded his TV and no longer needed his Roku Ultra and wanted to know if I’d buy it for $20. I needed a new one since my old onn TV software was getting painfully slow, plus I was excited for the rechargeable remote.

When I got home I was bummed to see he gave me the wrong remote (not rechargeable, has game buttons on it) but once I did my research I found out it was a much older model (4660X2).

Does this matter much if I’m watching it on a 43” 1080p TV in my bedroom? It’s definitely better than the TV software but it bugs me it isn’t the latest and greatest.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra (4660X2) good deal for $20?

Hi @edora19,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern regarding the remote of your new Roku Ultra (4660x). Please be advised that the remote that came with the Roku Ultra is the Roku Voice remote.

Currently, the Roku Ultra model 4802 includes a Roku Voice Remote Pro with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. 

In addition, Roku Ultra and all current Roku Streaming device will work with any television with an HDMI connection.

If you have questions or concerns, you may visit our Support page for a more helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist you. Get started here: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@edora19, that's probably the remote that came with it.  The rechargeable remote hadn't come out yet.  I have one around here someplace and I'd say it's not a bad deal for 20 bucks.  I think @atc98092 may have more experience with that model.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Well, I don't actually have a 4660. I have the 4640, 4670 and 4800. But looking at the spec table, I see the 4660 was the first Ultra to move to the ARM Cortex A53 CPU, so it was likely a good performance bump over the 4640, and certainly better than an older Roku TV (of any brand). 

But it's far from the latest and greatest, since it was released in Oct 2017. It's still a very good player, and it has an SD card slot if you find you're installing more channels than the memory can hold. It can run all the latest channels that are available. I would expect many more years to pass before Roku mothballs support for this player. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Im using a logitech harmony remote for my 4660x2, its like a $10 remote you can plug into your PC and program remote codes with.

Also i havent checked the models lately to see what internals are, but this unit was like in the top 5 in terms of performance and ram capacity.

Ive had no issues with it other than my TV being weird with HDR and cutting out, but a new update I believe fixed all of this as theres numerous HDR/FPS and resolutions available to help with TVs that are fiddly with certain combinations of resolutions in 4k

0 Kudos
atc98092

The major problem is Logitech has closed their Harmony remote line, so they are no longer available. It is unfortunate, as they provided some of the best 3rd party remotes available at the time. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos