Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bucki828

My toddler accidently bought a subscription. Can I get a refund?

Jump to solution

My toddler accidently purchased an app on my Roku that was for $159 and change. Is there anyway to get a refund?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My toddler accidently bought a subscription. Can I get a refund?

Jump to solution

Hi @Bucki828,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

In regards to your accidental purchase, please reach out to our support team directly from our Account, Payments & Subscription page. They will be able to further assist you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bucki828,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support

In regards to your accidental purchase, please reach out to our support team directly from our Account, Payments & Subscription page. They will be able to further assist you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JulzCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would email them ASAP. A few days ago I thought I was getting a month long subscription to AMC+ but apparently I accidentally ordered a yearly subscription. I checked my banking app and saw they had taken out $90! I immediately emailed them and explained what happened, honestly not expecting much from what I had read on here, but when I woke up the next morning I had 2 emails telling me that I was receiving a refund as a one-time courtesy. The money was back in my bank account within a day.

0 Kudos