Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaRSmith

My ex stole my Roku and deleted it from my account: Can I add my Roku back w/out device?

Jump to solution

My ex moved out and stole my Roku then deleted it off my Roku online account.

Is there a way I can add the device back without it being near my wifi (etc..) to set up? or add it back to my online account? so that I can lock it or something.

I have so much stored on that Roku and subscriptions and such…

He definitely isn’t giving it back either however there’s two warrants out for his arrest for it.

(well one for Larceny and one for violating a protection order (due to how he left the apartment a broke wreck and the theft etc..).

Im having a hard time as it is with the breakup and betrayal etc.. would be nice to watch my Roku ;-/ 

Im alone depressed sad in mental anguish in my feelings and thoughts and want my music and maybe anything that I could watch to help ease the pain. 😞 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: My Ex Stole my Roku and deleted it from my account: How can I add my Roku back w/out device?

Jump to solution

If you can, go into the account online and change the password to prevent anyone else from getting in.

You can get a new Roku. The information is NOT stored on the actual device. It's all in the account it's tied to. Just connect the new one to that account and your channels will reload. You may or may not need to log back into individual channels.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: My Ex Stole my Roku and deleted it from my account: How can I add my Roku back w/out device?

Jump to solution

If you can, go into the account online and change the password to prevent anyone else from getting in.

You can get a new Roku. The information is NOT stored on the actual device. It's all in the account it's tied to. Just connect the new one to that account and your channels will reload. You may or may not need to log back into individual channels.

0 Kudos