Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBB

I am getting billed Roku for Hulu AND paying the Disney charge. Why are you double billing me????

Jump to solution

Spend lots of time talking to Roku and Hulu billing...they both point fingers at each other.   But Roku is billing me for Hulu and we pay the Disney bundle charge.   This has got to stop and its been going on way too long.   Anyone else getting double billed with no resolution????   Roku billed for another NFHS app that has been cancelled....but that's only a month or two.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am getting billed Roku for Hulu AND paying the Disney charge. Why are you double billing me?

Jump to solution

Hi, @Drogers73 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query on how to make a dispute for the Roku charge and it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.

For this issue, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

• Please visit: support.roku.com
  • Sign in to your account
  • Look for the "Agent Support" tab at the bottom right corner of the page
  • Click "Check support options"
  • Click Account, Payments & subscriptions

You can also view and check the charges on your account and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account

We hope this would be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am getting billed Roku for Hulu AND paying the Disney charge. Why are you double billing me...

Jump to solution

Hi @SBB,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In this matter, it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

You can also check these links will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account or How to unsubscribe or Cancel a Subscription

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SBB

Re: I am getting billed Roku for Hulu AND paying the Disney charge. Why are you double billing me...

Jump to solution

Thanks but I've been to all of those areas.  They sent me to Hulu with a Reference ID that Hulu basically dismissed because nobody at Hulu can find an account/email to associate it with.  Hulu blamed Roku and around and around we went until NFHS came back and said the same thing...that is  that 'they cannot control the billing that Roku puts out' or something to that effect.   The NFHS account is cancelled they confirmed.  Hulu as well confirmed an account under our email was cancelled in 2019.   Joined Disney a year or so ago in the Hulu 'Trio' bundle.  Still getting billed......

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SBB,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to investigate this problem further. Are you directly subscribed to the channel provider or through Roku Pay for confirmation?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SBB

Jump to solution

Probably both I have 3 kids and at one time or another we probably have had multiple direct subscription and further Roku subscribed accounts. I have been trying to distill them down to actual active accounts and I suspect some accounts are old email addresses that might not exist due to consolidation in the cable industry. I recently changed my pay method to PayPal just in case there's more to this.   Hulu can't find the reference ID I was given by Roku support then back tracked and blamed Roku for the problem.  Hulu's support is terrible while Rokus is excellent.

Long story short the billing is "ROKU for Hulu LLC" 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SBB,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

To be better assisted with your subscription inquiry, you can reach out to our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Make sure to select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drogers73

Re: I am getting billed Roku for Hulu AND paying the Disney charge. Why are you double billing me?

Jump to solution

From my understanding Roku is just the money collector. They will keep collecting money and will not reach out to Hulu or Disney to let them know the money was collected. It's up to you as the customer to do the leg work to notify Hulu or Disney that you have paid the bill. To me its just a racket for Roku to get a piece of the pie. You will need to cancel your Roku account and go directly through Hulu or Disney. It really odd and completely unnecessary imo.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Drogers73 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query on how to make a dispute for the Roku charge and it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.

For this issue, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

You can also view and check the charges on your account and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account

We hope this would be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Parkersspace
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is crazy, looks like it's been going on forever.  How do you get this solved?  I just added the Disney plus on to my Hulu Subscription through T Mobile, they collect my money (.96) today and then 2.00 per month till my trial is done.  Upon signing in with my Hulu credentials on my Roku I was billed an additional 2.14 by Roku and says I will be billed this monthly as does Tmobile say I will be billed $2.00 monthly from when I added it on through Hulu.  How does this get fixed or do I just have to cancel the plan?

0 Kudos