Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HFC
Reel Rookie

How Do I turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

Jump to solution

How do I turn this two-factor off? I'm sick and tired of waiting 29.99 minutes for a code - assuming they send one at all! It's a Streaming device- Not for Knox!

God millennials! Two-factor is useless! Use a good password, or claim responsibility for your own actions. Stop penalizing responsible users!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How Do I turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

Jump to solution

Hey there! @HFC.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We understand that you are inquiring about disabling two-step verification on your Roku account. We can help with that!

To turn two-step verification off, you may refer to the following steps:

1. Head over to your Roku account at my.roku.com and sign in.
  2. Go to "Account Info."
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and find the toggle for two-step verification.
  4. Turn the toggle off. 
  5. To save the changes, confirm your email address and password.
  6. Click "Save Changes."

2fa.jpg

Important Security Note: While we can help you turn off two-step verification, we highly recommend keeping it enabled. adds an extra layer of protection to your account, making it much harder for unauthorized access.

For more details, visit this support article: How to use two-step verification to sign in to your Roku account.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey there! @HFC.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We understand that you are inquiring about disabling two-step verification on your Roku account. We can help with that!

To turn two-step verification off, you may refer to the following steps:

1. Head over to your Roku account at my.roku.com and sign in.
  2. Go to "Account Info."
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and find the toggle for two-step verification.
  4. Turn the toggle off. 
  5. To save the changes, confirm your email address and password.
  6. Click "Save Changes."

2fa.jpg

Important Security Note: While we can help you turn off two-step verification, we highly recommend keeping it enabled. adds an extra layer of protection to your account, making it much harder for unauthorized access.

For more details, visit this support article: How to use two-step verification to sign in to your Roku account.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HFC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Thank you for the quick response.

However, why is this hidden in "Account" rather than "Security?"

As for leaving it on, it actually does nothing to "further" secure the account.  For one thing, if someone has hacked into your Roku account, they've probably hacked into your email account also.  What two-factor does is make it nearly impossible to log into an account OF YOUR OWN without approximately a million extra, extremely time consuming and irritating, steps.  This is especially true for something as, if you'll pardon my frankness, as unimportant as a streaming device.  I can almost (although it's still more bother than it's worth) see the benefit to something related to privacy or financial information.

You'd do more to "enhance" your user's security by requiring random, multi-type character, passwords.  As I said in the initial post, selecting something as ridiculous as ABC123 (or JoeBlow49) is asking for a breach, and should be the responsibility of the User, not you (Roku).  It's also the user's responsibility if they're handing out their password to others.

Sorry - that's my rant for the week.  Remember, you can't cure Stupid.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

One good way to increase security is to NOT pay for anything through Roku and REMOVE any credit/debit cards linked to your Roku account. That way, they cannot steal money from you.