Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmacmil2
Streaming Star

Getting a login code to login to my account

Sometimes when I login to roku.com all it wants is my name and password.  Other times, it wants to send me a code via email.  Unlike just about every other website which sends a code almost immediately, it typically takes at least 10 minutes to receive a code from Roku.  If I get tired of waiting and ask for the code to be resent and then the original code shows up, the website rejects it.  Still waiting for that 2nd code after 10 minutes.  You'd think a tech company could do better than this.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Getting a login code to login to my account

@lmacmil2 Are other emails that slow for you?  When I login to my Roku account it sends the code in a matter of a few seconds.

0 Kudos
lmacmil2
Streaming Star

No.  The 2nd code I requested didn't arrive for 40 minutes.  I did learn that I can use my Ultra s/n to login so that's what I'll use in the future.  Every other site that sends an email, it arrives with a minute.

Later in the day (10 p.m.), I signed in again and got the code in about 10 seconds.  Oh well.

lmacmil2
Streaming Star

For the last 2 or 3 logins I got the email code within 10 seconds.  Today it's been over 15 minutes and I'm just going to give up.  I don't know why it's so inconsistent.  And why do I need a code every time I login?

0 Kudos