Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES ROKU EVER STOP BILLING YOU???

I have done everything. Should i just get ew credit cards? They will not stop billing me no matter what.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DOES ROKU EVER STOP BILLING YOU???

Roku does not bill you for anything, unless you subscribe to a service through Roku. If that's the case, you can find your subscriptions listed on your Roku user web site (https://my.roku.com). Look there and see what you might have listed that is billing you.

Now, if you look there and you have no subscriptions, then Roku isn't billing you. It doesn't matter if your CC statement says Roku. Scammers can submit phony billings if they have your CC number and they can enter whatever name they want in the billing window. If this is the case, your CC number has been stolen and you should a) immediately contest any billing you don't believe is valid and b) ask your CC company to cancel your card and issue you a new one.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DOES ROKU EVER STOP BILLING YOU???

@peterforce8888-

There is always the possibility that a scammer has obtained your banking/charge card details and is hitting you with bogus charges claiming to be from Roku in the hope they will go unnoticed.  But if this is not the case...

Each Roku is linked to a single account.  Multiple Rokus could all be linked to the same account, or you may have linked them to different accounts when you set them up.  Each Roku account uses a different email address for you.  If you have multiple Rokus, check the email addresses shown on each of them via Settings > About. 

If you have ever opened more than one Roku account, any subscription you have actually opened on each can only be cancelled THROUGH THAT ACCOUNT.

You could possibly have an old abandoned account you have forgotten about that continues to charge for a subscription.

The Roku folks who can best help with subscription issues seldom frequent these forums. Your best bet is to contact them directly through the "Account, payments, and subscription" support section accessed here: https://support.roku.com/contactus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X