Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdbug

Charged for New Subscription that wasn't ordered - unable to get through to Roku Account people

A charge appeared yesterday for Paramount+ an annual subscription ($59.95). We already have Paramount+ paid monthly. There is no listing of this new subscription in my account only the existing subscription. When I click on the purchase manage subscription for the new subscription it takes me to my existing subscription. When I try to contact the Roku account people I get nothing but a spinning dial so there is no way to reach them. 

17 REPLIES 17
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Charged for New Subscription that wasn't ordered - unable to get through to Roku Account people

Hi @pdbug,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We really do appreciate you for reaching out to us about this. In this case, we would recommend getting in contact with our Account and billing support team. 

You can contact them here at ContactUs and select Account, payments & subscriptions. Or if you need a hand, just get back here.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Z0-

Re: Charged for New Subscription that wasn't ordered - unable to get through to Roku Account people

I contacted Roku Customer Support and there is a chat button.  I had a chat and got my issue resolved with no problems.  They were very helpful.  

The same thing happened to me I can’t get a hold of anyone either. This is the second time they tacked showtime on me I tried canceling I couldn’t get thru on the phone I sent emails and a letter after 6 months it just expired. I think I’m just going to cancel Roku it cost me overdraft charges they don’t refund you or think of how it impacts your life. Cod forbid you don’t pay them they shut you off and tack on all kinds of extra charges!! 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Semperfigf-04 There is no charge for Roku itself so nothing to cancel but I suggest always getting subscriptions from the provider directly.  Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone and set up a pin to make purchases and if you don't plan on subscribing through Roku go the tab to update payment method and scroll to the bottom of the page and remove payment method.  Before you remove payment method make sure you have cancelled all subscriptions you have through Roku.  

In my opinion it is much easier to manage subscriptions directly from the provider, ie Netflix, Max, Hulu, etc...   Also if you have multiple devices like Firestick, Apple TV, Roku etc.  you can use the subscription across all your devices.

0 Kudos

the same thing happened to me with AMC+, Britbox, and MGM+. I never ordered or even turned on any of these channels and my CC won't allow me to dispute charges because I gave Roku my CC information when I bought the device. It is garbage and a complete scam. When you call the phone # listed on my CC statement, you can't speak to anyone and it refers you back to the website. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TotallyScammed,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

To be better assisted with your subscription charges, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, you can refer to the @RokuERey post above.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhadaway

I am being billed for CBS Interactive and I never subscribed.  Since I hadn't subscribed Roku will not let me cancel.  How do I get these charges off my credit card?

Mhadaway

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mhadaway,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this. We would recommend first checking your account here at my.roku.com and looking for those charges by managing your subscription. Or if you need a hand, please contact our account and billing team about this. You can contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments, and subscriptions," and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.
We hope it helps!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@mhadaway From your comment that since I hadn't subscribed Roku will not let me cancel, I assume you have logged into your Roku account on a computer or phone and checked your subscriptions.  If you have and the subscription is not listed then it is likely you have a second Roku account with a different email or you subscribed somewhere else.  CBS Interactive is probably Paramount Plus.  Can you login to Paramount Plus and see where your subscription is from?  

0 Kudos