Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NimoUnderGround
Reel Rookie

Charged for Frndly for year without my consent.

I signed up for the 7 day trial to decide if I want it. Then I noticed that I was charged for a whole year of basic. I think this is very underhanded by Roku to do this. What if I wanted to do the second tier or wanted to go month by month. This is a problem for me. Does not feel like good service and unethical. I would like an answer to this. Why was this done this way? I am not interested what Frndly has to say because Roku is the one that has my credit card, and the subscription is on their system. It is upsetting that Roku did this. What is their policy regarding doing something like this?

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged for Frndly for year without my consent.

Did you ever try a free trial for Frndly before?  You can only take advantage of a free trial once.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NimoUnderGround
Reel Rookie

I don't remember if I ever did. I don't think so but even if I did, they should have warned me. I also used my go to account and if I did, it should have said that the username is already in use. What would be the explanation for putting me on the yearly plan? I could have wanted the monthly plan. These are bad practices on Roku's part. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party like Roku. Go to the service's WEB SITE and sign up there.

VERY CAREFULLY read all screens to make sure you are signing up for what you want. Don't just quickly click on OK or ACCEPT. This is where using a web site is better as there is often more detail and room to display information.

Very often, getting a refund is VERY difficult if impossible, especially if it's through a 3rd party. Typically, it only cancels auto-renew.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NimoUnderGround,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We'd recommend first taking a closer look at your account here at my.roku.com and selecting "Manage Subscription" to see if you see some charges.

If you still need a hand, please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.
We hope it helps!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
funnyface

i only wanted the 6.99 and they signed me up for the year

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @funnyface,

Thank you for posting.

Kindly refer to @RokuERey's previous post. It will be very effective to reach out to our Account-Billing Support page. As mentioned, they are the best ones to help you out with that matter. Choose the options for "Account, payments, and subscriptions," and a live representative should be available to assist.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

You often have to VERY carefully read before clicking OK. It's not unusual for services to show a lower per month fee for annual and not be very obvious it is annual.

0 Kudos