Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigs50
Channel Surfer

Changes to AMC+ subscription

I received an email stating my yearly subscription to AMC+ will be changing. Is this legit or phishing?

At that time, Roku will issue a prorated credit for the remaining portion of your previous AMC+ annual plan, which will automatically be applied toward the $83.99 purchase price of a new annual subscription. For example, if you have 6 months (or 50%) remaining on your current annual subscription term, you will only be billed $41.99 (50%) for the next 12 months of service”

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Changes to AMC+ subscription

Sounds unusual. Most annual plans will hold until the next renewal. I've never heard of charging extra in the middle of a plan. But then, I NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party. It's always best to subscribe DIRECTLY at the service's WEB SITE.

0 Kudos
rigs50
Channel Surfer

This was in a Roku email as I had subscribed through Roku. Are you suggesting I only subscribe directly with the channel itself?  Should I be checking with AMC+ in regards to the billing change?

Thanks for replying!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@rigs50-

Do they say whether the price is going up, or down?

The only change re AMC+ I can find online is that they now have a lower priced ad-supported tier at $4.99/month (no annual plan at this point).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rigs50
Channel Surfer

Here is the email in it’s entirety. It seems legit but I can’t find any info on it. That’s why I asked the Roku community.

As a subscriber to AMC+ on The Roku Channel, we wanted to let you know about upcoming changes to your annual subscription. Due to a billing system change, your annual plan will automatically reset for a new 12-month term around August 27, 2024.

At that time, Roku will issue a prorated credit for the remaining portion of your previous AMC+ annual plan, which will automatically be applied toward the $83.99 purchase price of a new annual subscription. For example, if you have 6 months (or 50%) remaining on your current annual subscription term, you will only be billed $41.99 (50%) for the next 12 months of service.

You may opt out of this change by canceling your annual subscription before August 27, 2024. You can do this by turning off auto-renew on  (link removed) Please note if you take this action, you may begin to see advertisements within the content for the remainder of your subscription term.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Roku Customer Support.

Thank you for making The Roku Channel part of your entertainment experience!

Happy Streaming™

The Roku Team”

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

That is 100% worse than subscribing through Roku. Going through "The Roku Channel" is the WORST kind of subscription, as it only works through that. Hopefully, it can be cancelled. And as noted, just subscribe directly on the AMC+ web site.

Subscribing  for a service through "The Roku Channel" or "Amazon Prime" or "Apple TV+" is almost 4th party subscription.

rigs50
Channel Surfer

Wow, I had no idea!  Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos