Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change Existing Paramount+ over to my existing Walmart+

Jump to solution

@Pelleycj, did you cancel any subscription you have through Roku?  I would think you did since you shouldn't be able to remove the channel/app if you still have a subscription through Roku, but you might want to double check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com ensuring you're using the email address to log in that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About.

When you removed the channel and added it again, did you restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) after you removed it and before you added it again?  If you didn't, try again.  Simply removing a channel/app and immediately adding it again doesn't clear out any stored information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Msgal

Jump to solution

This is doing the same thing for me. I deleted the Paramount plus app and did all the steps that were mentioned above and still went back to Roku app. I can't afford to pay twice for the app I have already gotten. 

0 Kudos
Msgal

Jump to solution

I never subscribed to Paramount plus cause I knew I had it through Walmart+. Yes I had turned everything off and back on and still did the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Msgal

Thanks for your first post in Roku Community. 

For more information about that channel's features, logins, and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had this problem. What fixed it was doing the online chat through paramount plus website, the chat agent “refreshed my account” and then the problem was fixed. This must be a common issue, I thought it was a technical error with my account. After going through the chat bot prompts (if none work type that you need help & it should push through to an agent) tell the agent your problem that you are trying to cancel an account you already thought you had cancelled they should tell you to log out & then they refreshed your account to try to log back in & it should work. That’s the process I went through anyways. Then I verified that I had actually cancelled my account almost a year prior…So I would know if I had been getting charged for it or not. Turns out I wasn’t getting charged and had canceled a long time ago and this must be a technical glitch going on. 

dlcama

Jump to solution

That's great I did that, got a new ROKU tv and when I go to paramont there is no login only settijng up an account so had to pay $5.99 when I shouldn't have to - what is the solution????

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wildflower1431, thanks. Read your post, went to the Paramount+ chat, agent reset my account and I could then easily sign up for the essential package free through Walmart+. Before the reset, I was tied to Apple even after my subscription expires. I appreciate you sharing your experience and what you figured out. It worked!

Eseng

Jump to solution

sorry to hear of yr problem. i was robbed of my ids + money + car keys this week.

my concern is that all my Auto pay set up will crash because my cards are gone!

to make it worse, I called triple A & basically, they wanted $100 to come the second time when someone trying to help got in my car & looking for my keys, let the door lock again.  and they said i called for help too often,! Gee, they never told me i had a limit of calls! so, i informed them I was quitting them & would never join again!

Erin S

0 Kudos