Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rokewe4ewe
Reel Rookie

Change Existing Paramount+ over to my existing Walmart+

Jump to solution

Walmart is now offering free Paramount+. As instructed online, I'd cancelled my previous Roku subscription to Paramount+ (current billing cycle ended 2022-4-Oct). When I try creating a new Paramount+ through my Walmart account, it says I have to first cancel my existing Paramount+ account (already done).

2 Questions:

1) Most importantly: what to do / how long to wait before I'm allowed to re-subscribe via Walmart, and

2) Less Importantly: how to upgrade my free Walmart Paramount+ subscription to Premium

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rokewe4ewe
Reel Rookie

Re: Change Existing Paramount+ over to my existing Walmart+

Jump to solution

One has to wait until the entire billing cycle has elapsed (they bill 1 month in advance), and then you can hit the Walmart+ site, where you can switch over from Roku to your Walmart subscription with the click of your mouse / touchpad. I am impressed overall with how easy the transition was overall.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

As Roku is now out of the loop on this entirely, this sounds like a question best directed to Walmart and Paramount.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Sillyrn

Jump to solution

SAME ISSUE! I cannot change it. My subscription was cancelled over a year ago! I cannot change it. I didn’t sign up anywhere else infact had different emails altogether and cannot make any dents in the problem. Walmart is useless in general. 
#walmartsucks #useless #help #paramount #ripoff #waste #gimmemymoney

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sillyrn I noticed you tagged your post with Walmart Sucks, useless, ripoff, waste, etc...

However you are a Walmart + customer?  I normally do not do business with companies that I don't trust.  I am confused!

0 Kudos
rokewe4ewe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

One has to wait until the entire billing cycle has elapsed (they bill 1 month in advance), and then you can hit the Walmart+ site, where you can switch over from Roku to your Walmart subscription with the click of your mouse / touchpad. I am impressed overall with how easy the transition was overall.

Tjw1

Jump to solution

Explain how ?  I didn't have a paramount account and am a walmart + customer. There was no where to even sign up with it. 

Now,I have a device not a smart tv so maybe on the devices  it doesn't work?  Also, where is a number or email for Roku?!  That would help immensely if you could  email them.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
rokewe4ewe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a direct copy / paste from the Walmart.com site: 

You must have an active Walmart+ membership to access this benefit. Don’t sign up through Paramount+. 

To sign up, you must: 

1. Sign into your Walmart.com account. 
  2. Go to the MAccount page. 
  3. Select the Walmart+ tab. 
  4. Find Video Streaming with Paramount+ in the Benefits Hub.
  5. Select How Streaming Works to learn more. Then select Get Paramount+. 
  6. Create a Paramount+ account. 
    • You must use the same email for your account with Walmart+. 
  7.  Build your profile to start streaming. 

Current Paid Subscription to Paramount+ 

• You can still get this benefit if you already have a Paramount+ subscription. 
  • You must use the same email address for your Paramount+ and Walmart+ account. 
  • If your Walmart+ email is already in use for your Paramount+ subscription, you must cancel your paid Paramount+ subscription, allow it to expire, then sign up through Walmart+.  
  • If you’re using a different email address for Paramount+, you can cancel the paid subscription or wait for the end of the billing cycle. Then sign up for Paramount+ using the Walmart+ benefit. 
Pelleycj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is not out of it. I had my Paramount Plus added to Roku and removed the channel. I tried to add it back and it defaults to Roku. Doesn’t sound like it is just Walmart to me, this seems to be a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Pelleycj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am able to log into my Paramount Plus on my iPad and browser but not on my Roku. It defaults to Roku.