Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reel Rookie

Re: Already have active subscription

Not anymore. When I go to the “AMC+” app on my Roku tv it has already logged me out and when I try to login it says, “Looks like you already have an active subscription on your Roku account, please sign in with another account” and my only option is to sign out. When I go to the specific “AMC+ on Roku Channel” on my tv it only shows me the plan options and I have to choose one to create an account/buy a subscription.

Anywhere else I try to login, I get the subscription options.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@533, so it sounds like your subscription is through Roku to the AMC+ standalone channel/app.  That would explain why you can't access it through "The Roku Channel" (they aren't the same thing).  I don't know what's happening and I'm not sure if Roku or AMC+ is to blame (or both).  If you highlight the AMC+ channel/app on your Home Screen and press * on your Roku remote do you get an option to "Manage subscription" or an option to "Remove channel"?

Generally, you won't get the option to "Remove channel" if you have an active subscription through Roku (you get the option to "Manage subscription" instead).  I'm not sure what exactly what "I turned off the auto renew feature" means.  Is that an option on the Roku website?  Pardon my ignorance, but I don't subscribe to anything through Roku in part because of the issue(s) that you and others are having.  If you cancel a subscription you should still have access until the end of the already paid period.

If you do get the option to "Remove channel", choose it.  Then restart your Roku by choosing the "System restart" option under Settings->System or Settings->System->Power, as appropriate.  Once it restarts, add the AMC+ channel again and see what happens.

You shouldn't have to log into any channel if you're subscribed through Roku, so that makes me want to point the finger at AMC+ for not automatically recognizing your subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RMwashington
Reel Rookie

Was there ever a resolution to this? We turned off AMC+ auto-renew yesterday (via our Roku account on the Roku website) and our Roku account shows we have an active subscription until September 2024. But we can no longer log into the channel or even remove it. We get this message:

"Looks like you have active subscription on your Roku account. Please sign in with another account."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RMwashington, can you access it through "The Roku Channel"?  Or, if that doesn't work, can you access it through their stand-alone channel/app?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1298ab3dcbf327d1ca6946aecd5ea90f/amc

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RMwashington
Reel Rookie

I’m trying to log into the stand-alone app as we’ve always done. That’s when we get that message. 

Roku told me to reach out to AMC because they can’t do anything to the subscription until it expires in September 2024.

AMC says this is an issue with our Roku subscription. 

So I’m just caught in a loop.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RMwashington,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand that you are having problems with your subscription. We're happy to help. To be better assisted with your subscription, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here.

If there's anything else that we can do to help you, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RMwashington
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the welcome, John. I already contacted that department and they were unable to assist. They said it’s a channel issue, and to contact AMC. AMC said it’s a subscription issue, and to contact Roku.

Either no one can help or no one is willing to help.

0 Kudos
RMwashington
Reel Rookie

AMC’s response when I pushed them for more assistance is that I don’t have an active subscription. (Which makes no sense, as the message I’m getting when I try to log in literally states says that I do.)

Roku’s subscription support says I *do* have an active subscription, which is why they can’t help me. They said they can’t do anything until that subscription ends in September 2024.

This is the most maddening streaming issue I’ve experienced ye. We have just a single episode left of an AMC series, and we can’t even access it.

0 Kudos