Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly15
Reel Rookie

streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

i purchased a streaming stick 4k in july 2023. suddenly last night it stopped working. i’ve tried checking the cables, switching hdmi ports, unplugging roku and router. i’ve tried on another tv as well. cannot find a solution to this issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jewanda,

Super excited to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Roku streaming stick. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively. 

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • How are powering your Roku device?

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV

• Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected; the video connector will be labeled with the input name; e.g. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
  • Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video, or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs, or it may display a menu with a choice of inputs.
  • If it cycles through the inputs - wait 10 seconds between button presses to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • If a menu is displayed - use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to choose the right input and then press Enter or Select Alternatively, select each input one at a time. Wait 10 seconds between each to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • In both cases, if no video is detected on the input, then the TV will usually show a message such as “No video” or “No signal detected”.

2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty

3. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.

4. Enable CEC or disable auto power savings

For more detailed information about fixing the "No signal issue," visit our Support page here: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kelly15,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with the Roku streaming stick 4K issue since it stopped working. Please be advised that you may need to ensure that your power cable is connected properly and plugged in. If it still won't turn on, remove the power cable for five seconds, and then plug it back in. If that fails, then you will have to reset your Roku device using the reset button.

You can also check out this support article here on how to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Kelly15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hi John - thanks for the response. i am unable to factory restart my roku and it appears the issue is my tv isn’t recognizing the device in either hdmi port. when i navigate to the source on my tv it doesn’t recognize the device at all. 

kelly 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kelly15,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

You seem to have taken a ton of fantastic troubleshooting steps. No worries! We will be glad to assist you further. Please try to use a different HDMI connector, and let's try to see if that fixes the issue. In addition, how are you powering your Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Kelly15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hi. i am using the hdmi cable and power cord that came with the stick. not sure how to use a different cord as it seems specific to the stick.  i did plug an old roku into my tv and it works so i think it’s the stick that isn’t working. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kelly15,

Thank you for updating us!

We'd love to assist you further. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Kelly15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi John - It is SOJ732C6FAL2

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the added information, @Kelly15.

Rest assured that our Support team has been made aware of this and will further assist you. A separate email will be sent to you, so keep an eye on your inbox! In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us. 

Aside from this, let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Jump to solution

I have the identical situation with a Roku Streaming 4K+ device. Read and performed all the recommendations and steps. Get the bouncing ROKU that eventually goes away. I do not an extender and a have a LG TV. The unit stopped working Monday night, 11/20/2023.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Jump to solution

Hi @Hrothenberger00,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator