Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeydrewstudis
Channel Surfer

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

Hello, I am using the Streaming Stick 4K I have tried the Roku on other TVs but nothing. The power light is on it just doesn’t do anything not even output a signal on the Roku app. I have tried multiple sockets, but still nothing. This problem first occurred to me a day ago.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Joeydrewstudis,

Thanks for the extra details!

In this case, we'll need backup from our support team about this, as we've exhausted everything here.

I've sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jewanda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have also had the same issue. I purchased my 4k streaming stick fall of 2023. It has been working all day and suddenly stopped. I’ve done everything in this thread and it is still not working. The remote still turns my to on and off and the Roku stick is receiving power. The Roku Home Screen comes on for about a minute and then immediately disconnects. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jewanda,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We want to investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku streaming stick. Could you elaborate on the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jewanda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have unplugged the streaming stick, factory reset it, attempted to repair the remote to the stick, and changed the usb port. Nothing has helped 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jewanda,

Super excited to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Roku streaming stick. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively. 

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • How are powering your Roku device?

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV

• Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected; the video connector will be labeled with the input name; e.g. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
  • Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video, or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs, or it may display a menu with a choice of inputs.
  • If it cycles through the inputs - wait 10 seconds between button presses to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • If a menu is displayed - use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to choose the right input and then press Enter or Select Alternatively, select each input one at a time. Wait 10 seconds between each to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • In both cases, if no video is detected on the input, then the TV will usually show a message such as “No video” or “No signal detected”.

2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty

3. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.

4. Enable CEC or disable auto power savings

For more detailed information about fixing the "No signal issue," visit our Support page here: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
MaheshBabu1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think @Kelly15 is right

0 Kudos
Bob49
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as Kelly 15: no signal. Serial #5S56AR620652

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Bob49,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

• Is this the first time you set up/activated this Roku device? If NOT, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • How long have you been using this Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob49
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Had the device a few years, never had a problem until a few days ago. I tried plugging into a different TV, tried another cable, tried rebooting my wifi. Can't get the TV to even recognize the device exisys.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.