Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

PS:  The power indicator is on on the stick

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @winpakbob,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that these are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV

• Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to; the video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
  • Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video, or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs, or it may display a menu with a choice of inputs.
  • If it cycles through the inputs - wait 10 seconds between button presses to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • If a menu is displayed - use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to choose the right input and then press Enter or Select. Alternatively, select each input one at a time. Wait 10 seconds between each to allow the TV to detect the video.
  • In both cases, if no video is detected on the input, then the TV will usually show a message such as “No video” or “No signal detected.”

2. The video cable is not connected properly, or the cable is faulty

3. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.

4. Enable CEC or disable auto power savings

For more detailed information about fixing the "No signal issue," visit our Support page here: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Chel,

I have done all these things multiple times on multiple tvs with no results.  This stick worked fine for six months albeit only used occasionally when traveling.  Today I will be at another location that is using the exact same Roku stick.  I intend to swap my non-functional stick with this known working stick and will report back.

Thanks

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @winpakbob,

Thanks for the update!

We apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused. No worries; We'll wait to hear back from you for any feedback on what you find out.

We appreciate your effort and patience in bearing with us.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok, so today I was at my son's house.  I bought him an identical Streaming Stick a few months ago.  His is working fine.  So I swapped mine in the place of his and again no response.  "No Signal" was all that would appear on the screen.  My stick, swapped with is was using the identical WiFi, power supply and HDMI port with no response.  When I removed my troublesome streaming stick and replaced it with his, everything worked as expected with no changes to the tv input or power connection.

So now my stick has not worked at all in three locations, four tvs, and at least 6 different HDMI ports.  The streaming stick's led light is on and the reset button does not do anything to restore the unit.  Is there maybe some other way to reset it or try to bring it back to life.  It is about six months old.  What is my warranty for this device.  PS I also have two other Roku devices in my household (one Express and one Ultra) that work just fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do you have any ideas on my issue?  Can I return the stick under warranty?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @winpakbob,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It seems you've taken many steps to resolve the issue. Please send us a private message with your Roku account email address and serial number, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Meet us there!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos