Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi will not connect to roku player

My roku will not connect to the internet even though my phone and other smart tv in my bedroom connect to my Wi-Fi with no issues. I have tried restating my router and roku device but no luck.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: wifi will not connect to roku player

Hi @mermaidcourt,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to see more of what's going on here.

Could you tell us when you started seeing this issue occur? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue? We also suggest trying changing the wireless channel to see if there are any differences.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCox66

I set it up earlier this week and it was fine but lost it last night.  The signals choices show Excellent, I did a reboot on my router, changed ports and all other suggestions.  I have 3 other ones further away from the router and they are doing great. 

0 Kudos
MCox66

I was able to connect to my phone.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MCox66,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having trouble connecting your device to the network, and we appreciate the steps you have taken.

May we know what error code you are receiving? Also, since you are able to connect your Roku device to a mobile hotspot, it could mean that the issue lies within the network rather than the device. That being said, have you tried reaching out to your internet service provider to inquire further?

You can inform us of what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.