Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milipedle

roku device ip address not found

ive been through other posts of people having the same issue. im posting to get roku supports help because this is pissing me off. my roku app wont connect to my roku device and allow me to use the app remote. the roku ip address and my wifi ip address is correct. they share the same first 7 digits, the last number is different. im using my tv and physical remote fine while the app says my roku ip address doesn't exist. ive reset my phone and roku, and reactivated the device. i really want to use the playback feature where the audio plays from my phone. help me or i will start offing the hostages (i will throw out my roku and buy a firestick.) this is a threat roku support staff... fix my problem and it wont come to that.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku device ip address not found

Who is your ISP?  People with Spectrum supplied routers seem to have to change a setting in their routers to get the app to see their Roku devices.  Also, if you're using some kind of public or shared Wi-Fi or don't have control over the router you may not be able to get the app to connect to your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos