Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamH7

Wi-fi Interference from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

My Roku Streambar is emitting a Wi-fi signal on the same frequency and channel as my home access point (5GHz, Ch. 100) which is causing significant interference for other devices.

I've turned off device connect, the smart remote is disconnected and not powered, I'm using a Roku IR remote with it just fine, but even after all this it's still emitting Wi-fi. Is there any possible way to stop this? There's no need for it and it's degrading my network.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wi-fi Interference from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Hi @AdamH7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that if your router and Roku device both support 5GHz, make sure it is enabled in the router settings and try connecting to the 5GHz wireless network (e.g., MyNetwork_5GHz). Changing the wireless channel on the router is not necessary when connecting to a 5GHz network.

• Note: If you are having trouble with how to connect your Roku device to Wi-Fi, keep in mind that not all Roku devices support 5GHz networks. To see if your device supports 5GHz, consult the product comparison chart and check the Specifications section. If dual-band is listed, your device is compatible with 5GHz networks.

In addition, Roku streaming devices support 5GHz radio bands U-NII-1 (non-DFS channels 36 to 48) and U-NII-3 (non-DFS channels 149-165), but some devices do not support bands U-NII-2A (DFS channels 50-64) and U-NII-2C (DFS channels 100-144). Roku devices that support DFS channels must be running Roku OS 12.0 or higher to use DFS channels.

For more detailed information, visit our Support page here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wi-fi Interference from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Hi @AdamH7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that if your router and Roku device both support 5GHz, make sure it is enabled in the router settings and try connecting to the 5GHz wireless network (e.g., MyNetwork_5GHz). Changing the wireless channel on the router is not necessary when connecting to a 5GHz network.

• Note: If you are having trouble with how to connect your Roku device to Wi-Fi, keep in mind that not all Roku devices support 5GHz networks. To see if your device supports 5GHz, consult the product comparison chart and check the Specifications section. If dual-band is listed, your device is compatible with 5GHz networks.

In addition, Roku streaming devices support 5GHz radio bands U-NII-1 (non-DFS channels 36 to 48) and U-NII-3 (non-DFS channels 149-165), but some devices do not support bands U-NII-2A (DFS channels 50-64) and U-NII-2C (DFS channels 100-144). Roku devices that support DFS channels must be running Roku OS 12.0 or higher to use DFS channels.

For more detailed information, visit our Support page here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.