Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAS3
Channel Surfer

Re: Update error 004 over and over

Jump to solution

Alex27, That is why I suggested you follow the advice from the error 008 chat.  Below is how Burnsy86 delt with the 008 error.  There are 2 replys to Burnsy86 that says it worked for them.

My husband found a solution online that worked for our Onn brand Roku tv — hold the reset button for 30+ seconds while the TV is on, and keep holding it until the tv restarts itself and it will bump over to recovery mode (the screen will be purple and it will say recovery mode). The software update was effective from this screen, it didn’t work any other way I tried (e.g. I tried reset from tv off, tried unplugging and plugging in tv, tried rebooting wireless router, connecting to hotspot, etc. etc). Thank goodness it worked. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.