Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morisetty

Not able to connect to Xfinitywifi using NOW pass

Jump to solution

Unit is able to identify xfinitywifi with good signal but will provide with login page to enter my pass information.  I am using brand new express 4K. It will not pick up my T-Mobile hotspot either. I do not have a smart TV hence I am trying to use this device. 
it also will not for AirPlay well either. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not able to connect to Xfinitywifi using NOW pass

Jump to solution

Hi, @Morisetty 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your Roku Express 4K that will not connect with your network, and we're here to assist. If your Roku device is unable to connect to your home router or gain access to the internet through the router, you may need to perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue which we will provide below. 

System restart your device
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Additional steps we'd recommend are as follows:

1. Enter the correct name for your wireless network. Selecting the wrong wireless network name will cause your wireless network connection to fail. If you are not certain that your Roku device is connected to the correct network, get help finding your wireless network name.
  2. Enter the password correctly. If you believe you know your wireless password, but it is not working, try re-entering it. It is easy to make a mistake entering your password, and remember that network passwords are case sensitive. Use the shift button 

on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter. If you do not know the correct password, review the tips for locating your wireless network password.
  3. Check to see that your router is working properly. Using your computer or mobile device, connect to your home network and try accessing the internet by launching a public website like www.roku.com. If you can connect to the internet from another device, your router is successfully providing internet access and you can move to the next step. If you are unable to connect to the internet, try restarting your router (see step 5b below) before contacting your ISP.

For more information, you can visit this support article on What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Morisetty 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your Roku Express 4K that will not connect with your network, and we're here to assist. If your Roku device is unable to connect to your home router or gain access to the internet through the router, you may need to perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue which we will provide below. 

System restart your device
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Additional steps we'd recommend are as follows:

1. Enter the correct name for your wireless network. Selecting the wrong wireless network name will cause your wireless network connection to fail. If you are not certain that your Roku device is connected to the correct network, get help finding your wireless network name.
  2. Enter the password correctly. If you believe you know your wireless password, but it is not working, try re-entering it. It is easy to make a mistake entering your password, and remember that network passwords are case sensitive. Use the shift button 

on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter. If you do not know the correct password, review the tips for locating your wireless network password.
  3. Check to see that your router is working properly. Using your computer or mobile device, connect to your home network and try accessing the internet by launching a public website like www.roku.com. If you can connect to the internet from another device, your router is successfully providing internet access and you can move to the next step. If you are unable to connect to the internet, try restarting your router (see step 5b below) before contacting your ISP.

For more information, you can visit this support article on What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The "answer" does NOT answer the users question. What they need is something like a hotel mode or similar where you can somehow see a login screen where you enter a user name and password. It's not just connecting to WiFi, it's also authenticating to a service.

0 Kudos