Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mull

Re: Update error 004 over and over

Jump to solution

Bumped into this problem also and also found this thread.

Here is how i solved the problem:

I went in to the secret screen (5x home, 3x fastforward, 2x fastbackward) and learned that the updateserver was set to BETA for some reason. Its for sure it wasnt me who changed that setting! I switched to RELEASE and after that the update worked.

RAS3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I checked, my update server was also set to "Beta".  I switched it to "release", I didn't test the update since my S/W is current, after the double manual update.

0 Kudos
Dohnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also showed beta but had already updated as well. Good to know about the “secret screen”.

0 Kudos
Robinnn

Jump to solution

I used your method, and even though I didn't have to change anything, the update worked! No more frustration! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ghoulasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

BLESS YOU! I was at the part where I couldn't surpass the update now and could not get to the home screen. This secret menu option was a lifesaver, thank you!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. How do you get to the secret screen? I've never heard of The Secret screen please explain?

0 Kudos
Dohnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Secret Reset and Update menu; Press the Home button on your remote 5 times, then press Fast Forward > Fast Forward > Fast Forward > Rewind > Rewind

Once in there look at the left side and find what it says for software update server and it most likely is set as Beta. To change you will go down to the Cycle software update server option and select. This will change from the beta server to standard release server and for there you can exit and your update should work.

https://www.wikihow.com/Roku-Secret-Menu

0 Kudos

Re: Trouble updating roku express get error code 004

Jump to solution

This is a issue. Ive got a whole new router. Checked the connection on the roku and its connected. This is another issues besides connectivity 

0 Kudos

Re: Trouble updating roku express get error code 004

Jump to solution

20240612_065137.jpg

This sounds like a roku problem. My internet is fine. 

0 Kudos
Fdwife77

Jump to solution

I checked mine and it's set to RELEASE.  I still cannot update.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.