Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
electroken

Unable to reinstall from network message

Jump to solution

We have two Roku Ultra devices with a wired connection to the same network. Both show a 92 Mbps connection to the internet. One works fine, the other won't run any channels and shows this message:

Can't run channel
'channel name' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.

Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to reinstall from network message

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community! We're happy to help.

We would recommend trying the following steps below.

• Power-cycle your Roku device: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  • Restart your Roku player: Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  • Restart your router.
  • Connect your device to a mobile hotspot just to check for differences in the streaming experience.
We hope one of these helps. Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You might want to restart all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) even if everything else is working.  If that doesn't help, just for testing, can you connect to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot to see what happens?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community! We're happy to help.

We would recommend trying the following steps below.

• Power-cycle your Roku device: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  • Restart your Roku player: Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  • Restart your router.
  • Connect your device to a mobile hotspot just to check for differences in the streaming experience.
We hope one of these helps. Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drkay2045

Jump to solution

I tried changing networks, restarting, removing most all apps, updating software and nothing fixed this problem with the Roku soundbar software. Two other Roku devices work fine on my home networks.

I finally did a factory reset, re-registered the device and my soundbar now works as expected. I have not seen this fix recommended on Roku community forums or any other resource, but I'm glad it finally works again.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.