Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickHark
Reel Rookie

Strangers loging onto my Streaming stick in hotelsand stealing my bandwidth

Just returned from 7 day road trip. In two hotels, after logging into the ROKU, after separately logging into the hotel Wi-Fi, in the next 30 minutes, I found that my download speed reduced to 2 MB (in one case). After restarting ROKU from system menu, I noticed two other strangers had logged on to YouTube. I could eliminate them by unplugging the streaming stick from the power and waiting a minute or two. While watching a YouTube the program was interrupted by dialog screens into some Samsung (not me) is attempting to logon to YouTube. Also, while watching YouTube, my wifi was lost. This hassle is a pain after a nine hour drive. How can I prevent this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.