Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ansloosle

Router changed can’t connect

I changed internet providers and so my router changed. I lost my Roku remote years ago and just use the app. However, I can’t get my Roku to connect to my new router. Our rokuTV connected just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Router changed can’t connect

If you set the new router to have the exact same SSID and passphrase as the previous one, then the Roku should just connect.  (Doing this just makes router changes more convenient in general, since you just change the info in one place and not on every Wi-Fi client device.)

Meanwhile, it would be a good idea to get a remote in case you want to change such things in the future.  Phones only access Rokus, once they and the Roku are connected to the same network.  An actual remote can communicate with the Roku even before it is connected.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.