Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BESM
Reel Rookie

Screen Mirroring Bluetooth Hangup

Using a Windows 11 Lenovo Laptop with ROKU Ultra

Unable to complete Bluetooth process.  PC recognizes ROKU Ultra but process hangs at the stage pictured in the photo.  The ROKU remote has no effect on the screen.  ROKU sits in this state and then reverts to the normal display.

Screen hangupScreen hangup

I have been through all the settings many times and also disabled the Airplay just in case.
Screen mirroring mode set to prompt
Screen mirroring devices show "none"
ROKU Software update 10/29/22 1:55a
Did a system restart

This is a new PC and I used to use an older Windows 10 laptop that did connect OK.  However now this old one does not work either but shows the same symptoms.  So I am forced to conclude that the problem is with the ULTRA.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 095534.png

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Bruce

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen Mirroring Bluetooth Hangup

Not that it helps solve the problem, but screen mirroring doesn't use Bluetooth.  It uses Wi-Fi and falls into the "& other devices" part of those settings.  I think I've been able to get it to work from exactly one laptop.  The others I've tried do pretty much what you're seeing.  I suspect it has something to do with the Wi-Fi card or some setting, but I've never looked into it since I don't really need it.

Maybe others have some suggestions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BESM
Reel Rookie

Well it seems to me that screen mirroring is no longer offered even though it appears as an item to be set.

Since my latest software upgrade 11.5.0 was last updated on 10/29/22 I strongly suspect the feature has been withdrawn even though it appears as an item for selection on the system menu.

Too bad

Bruce

0 Kudos
legoit

I am having the exact same problem. Have you been able to resolve this?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @legoit,

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community. 

We'd be happy to assist you. Could you provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? What device are you trying to mirror on your Roku device, an Android or an Apple device? What happens when you tried to screen mirror to your Roku device?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos