Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginaxo24

Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

My roku was working fine last night but now suddenly as of this morning it will not connect to the wifi. We originally had Comcast come out to see what the problem was but all my other devices are connected except for the roku. I've tried to do everything to get it connected nothing is working! Am I really going to have to buy a whole new device because it suddenly won't connect to the internet??  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

What happens when you try to connect going through the procedure at Settings->Network->Set up connection?  Do you get any error messages or codes?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mkintx
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem today. Suddenly dropped Wi-Fi and all other devices on Wi-Fi with fiberoptic line were working just fine. Powered on and off, went through *set up connection* multiple times and nothing. Few minutes later it start working just fine.. What's going on?? This is not the first time this happened. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ginaxo24

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Since your internet service provider is Comcast, we recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let u know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @mkintx

We're here to help!

Could you provide us with the model number of the affected Roku device? This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. Also, please let us know who is your internet service provider.

We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LadyGMonty

I'm having the same issue. One of my Roku devices is now unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. It worked fine until Friday morning. I get Error 009 every time I try to connect. I have tried rebooting everything. Even did a factory reset and still nothing. All my other devices are having no issues. I plugged in my router directly to the TV and it worked fine. It's only wirelessly that this one device will not connect and I'm struggling to find any helpful solutions on the internet. 

My internet provider is T-Mobile. Device is TCL 55S423. Software version 11.0.0. 

@RokuKariza-D, please help!

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @LadyGMonty

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For clarification, have you tried restarting your router? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. We would also suggest trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network such as a mobile hotspot to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing.

For more information about error code 009, check out this Support link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TB24

Roku connects to Wi-Fi but won’t stay connected to the internet

I’ve called cox they made sure the 2.4 Wi-Fi wasn’t disabled, I’ve completely reset one my onn tv and my other Roku device they connect for a minute or five and the loose the connection. Tried the hotspot thing still did not stay connected. Restarted my modem, set the channel to 6 and still not working. Help please did get a error code 003 

ncirullijr
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku TV, a Roku Streaming Stick and three Roku boxes (3900X). This morning all three of the boxes no longer can be connected to my wireless account. I have tried everything and even spoke with Xfinity and split my Modem accounts into 2 - a 5.0 and a 2.4. When I try to connect I can see all of my neighbors wireless network names, but not mine. Neither the 2.4 or 5.0 are available through scanning. I also tried to connect through the Private Network link, with both the 2.4 and 5.0, and neither will connect. I don't understand how I can see all of my neighbors, but not mine. Everything was fine until early this morning when ROKU completed an update. My Xfinity app shows that the three Roku boxes lost connectivity after that time, around 4:16 AM this morning. I am completely at a loss for what is going on. I have restarted, reset, you name it, I've done it. This makes no sense since my TV with the built in ROKU is working fine as well has the ROKU stick???????

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Your stick and TV are likely connecting to 5GHz.  Your 3900s can only connect to 2.4GHz.  If your 3900s can see other networks, but not yours, it suggests the 2.4GHz network isn't really enabled.  Does it show up on either your TV or your stick when you scan for networks (I'm assuming you gave the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks different names)?   You can also use something like the "Wi-Fi Analyzer" app on your phone to verify if the 2.4GHz network is really enabled.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos