Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not connecting to internet but my internet is perfectly fine

Hi @Al80,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku device may be having trouble connecting to your home network after a power outage.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot Network issues: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

If none of the suggestions resolved the issue, please let us know and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Al80
Reel Rookie

I talked to a Verizon rep and she recommended resetting my router and that fixed the problem. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Al80,

We appreciate the update regarding your network connection issue.

We're glad to know it's working now. Happy Streaming!

If you have any further Roku-related concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aiyanobor
Reel Rookie

Why is my Roku not connecting to internet or WiFi?

I have a Roku Premiere, internet is both 2.4 GHz and 5. Recently moved and Roku is not connecting to the internet. All my other devices are but this will not. I’ve rebooting network and restarted the Roku several times to no avail. It only connects to my cellphone which isn’t ideal. Please help. 
sKU # 3920R

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is my Roku not connecting to internet or WiFi?

@Aiyanobor 

Your Premiere 3920 is only capable of connecting to your 2.4ghz band. (cannot see or use 5ghz).

You will need to verify that the 2.4ghz is Enabled and broadcasting (some ISP companies have disabled/turned off customers 2.4ghz radios), and if you are using a cable ISP (Xfinity, Comcast, AT&T), you will likely need to configure your router to use "Wireless Mode" b/g/n on the 2.4ghz band. (Edit your 2.4ghz Wireless Settings from the router or accompanying ISP mobile app).  Also verify that the 2.4ghz is using a "Wireless Channel" between 1 and 11.

Feel free to post back with ISP (internet service provider) and any settings you are able to determine if you need more help.  Also include router model number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Yes, having problems connecting WiFi.  It worked the first time I connected almost updated and then would not connect to WiFi.  Got some advice from internet carrier and changed the password on my WiFi router.  Roku connected.  Worked for a few weeks and now won’t connect.  Did all the troubleshooting- nothing.  
the model 3930X-Roku express is just not worth the effort.

Al80
Reel Rookie

Thanks very much. I discovered that the problem was with my router, not my Roku device. 

jc5
Binge Watcher

I had this problem once, then it just started working and I haven't had any problem again. I think a lot of it has to do with updates and your TV's and Roku's ability to work together after updates. I turn my TV off and switch it back on so Vizio can update, Same with Roku device. It happened to me during a time when a lot of new equipment was being offered by Roku. I know this isn't technical, but that's what I did.

0 Kudos
BossPlayer5150
Reel Rookie

This happens every time I restart my xfinity modem-router.  Use their app:

Click on Connect icon. 

Then your WiFi network name. 

Then Advanced Settings.

Then Edit your 2.4ghz.

Then use the drop-down box to change it to "802.11 b,g,n" (It's probably set to "802.11 g,n")

Then Apply, Save.  And then restart your Roku.

It should be good to go! 

20230216_043947.jpg

20230216_044011.jpg

20230216_044813.jpg

20230216_044837.jpg

0 Kudos
Aiyanobor
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I followed these exact same instructions and still got Error 014.50 - Unable to Connect to Wireless Network