Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elainasmom191
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku not connecting to internet or WiFi?

Mine stopped suddenly connecting to the internet as well. All the other devices that are connected to the internet are working no problem. I did a factory reset on it and still wont connect to the internet. Have unplugged it many times, and have done a system restart as well. Nothing works

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Elainasmom191

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
BossPlayer5150
Reel Rookie

Change your 2.4GHz WiFi radio setting from 802.11 g,n to 802.11 b,g,n

Then your Roku will connect to the internet.  If your connection is slow, change the channel setting from "Recommended" to a channel between 1-11.  Mine was connected to channel 6.  Probably the same as all of my neighbors causing interference.   I simply chose channel 1. 

My speed was <1 mbps on Recommended channel setting.  On channel 1 it is at 35 mbps!

Look at my screen shots for how to adjust these settings in the xfinity app.  Every time your modem-router resets/reboots, you will probably need to do all these steps again!  

20230216_043947.jpg

Next step: 

20230216_044011.jpg

Next step: 

20230216_044837.jpg

Make sure you tap Apply and Save etc. for the changes to take effect.  Then restart your Roku after your changes finish updating. 

0 Kudos
BossPlayer5150
Reel Rookie

Oh yeah, you might need to have your Roku "forget" your WiFi network.  Then add it again.  

0 Kudos
TheSD
Reel Rookie

My Roku was/is telling me it not connected to the internet but it does say my signal strength is excellent, and all the other devices in the house are working perfectly and say my signal strength is excellent.

I followed all the different advice: I have restarted Roku. That didn't work. I restarted my Wi-Fi but unplugging the router and waiting and having all of the other other devices in the home have to go through that.

Then I did a factory reset on roku, which did not help one bit and was a terrible mistake because now I'm going to have to upload all the different apps again... If my Roku ever works again. This is probably just something Roku does after a little while to make you purchase a new device. I've had to do that before. But last time, I was able to talk to Roku and they fixed it..

And then I went ahead and restarted my router again because I restarted Roku and then did the router reset, and I figured it would be a good idea to do the router reset again, after having done the factory reset on roku.

I'm still without working TV.

I realize I'm going to call Roku tomorrow and hopefully they will do whatever it is they did on their end last time that will make this work.

0 Kudos
Fkoff

You made most of that up didn't you?

0 Kudos