Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanessa1988
Reel Rookie

Roku losing Internet connection after midnight every night

Jump to solution

For the last 2 to 3 months every single night my TV goes off at 12 o’clock by the time I realize it I look at my phone and it’s 1203. I have recorded this now for months and can still not find a reason why. My Internet is just fine. It works on all other devices. I have to set up my hotspot just to get TV on my Roku TV. I don’t understand why my Internet is not working with my TV but once I connect my hotspot, it works. I’ve contacted my Internet provider and it’s nothing on their part so it Hass to do with my TV. I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve changed my bandwidth saver  and everything somebody help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku losing Internet connection after midnight every night

Jump to solution

Hello! @mkatzpek,

Thanks so much for being part of the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the internet issue with your Roku device at specific times during the night. We are happy to help.

Based on what you mentioned, you're experiencing issues between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am. You have confirmed with ATT that your connection is being slowed. This means we need to seek assistance from your internet provider.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to prevent an issue from occurring.

For troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @vanessa1988,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• How far is your Roku device from the network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your modem and router? This can help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and keep your router protected from cyberattacks.
  • Who is your internet service provider?
  • Have you tried to restart your power cycle on your Roku device? You can do this by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in. You can also restart the system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vanessa1988
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello! Yes, I have tried everything possible I’ve restarted the Roku I restarted the Internet. I’ve called my Internet provider and still it still shuts off at midnight. My apartment is very small so it’s very close to the router.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you checked your router for schedules and/or parental controls.  Shutting off the internet to specific devices on a schedule is a common feature.

Also, I wonder if your Router uses DFS, and perhaps the DFS channels at your location clear at night? Try making sure the router is set to never use DFS channels.

Just a couple of guesses.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
mkatzpek

Jump to solution

My ROKU loses internet to my TV at 9:00 p.m. EST. Not great during the political conventions nor during the upcoming debate this week! My ATT fiber system is working on computers. What's going on and how do I fix it?  I already went to ATT and saw that I was slowed down between 9:00 p.m. and 6 a.m. - something I never set up nor was informed about. Who is responsible for all this?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @mkatzpek,

Thanks so much for being part of the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the internet issue with your Roku device at specific times during the night. We are happy to help.

Based on what you mentioned, you're experiencing issues between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am. You have confirmed with ATT that your connection is being slowed. This means we need to seek assistance from your internet provider.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to prevent an issue from occurring.

For troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have this same exact problem and only on our Roku tv…. You have to go to system settings and do a network connection reset. Then reconnect to your internet. 

every. single. Night

its terrible 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.