Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from wifi

My roku disconnects every night from wifi but only night time like after 1am and its frequent every single day after 1am my roku disconnects from my wifi and also i try reconnecting and it wont but i know for a fact its not my signal i know its my tv for a fact!!!! Why is this???

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @SH8D3

Thank you for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

After 2am every night the tv says no connection to wifi and restart tv i restart and still does the same 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @SH8D3

Thank you for keeping in touch!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

No no error just that the connection cannot be established and to retry connecting or restart tv and ive noticed when it does the that my tv light will be blinking 3 times pause for 2 seconds blink again vice versa but when i go to sleep wake up the next day it works fine it only happens around 2am all the way till i wake up around 8 or 10am

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

And ive tried connecting to other networks and same thing its like my wifi connection in the tv turns itself off on its own

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @SH8D3

Thank you for the post.

If your Roku is constantly disconnecting from Wi-Fi, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

• Move your Roku closer to your router: Sometimes, the distance between your Roku and the router can cause connectivity issues. Try moving your Roku closer to your router and see if that improves the Wi-Fi signal.
  • Restart your Roku and your router: Sometimes, simply restarting your Roku and your router can fix the issue. Turn off both devices, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure your Roku is running the latest software. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates.
  • Reset your Roku: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your Roku to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. Note that this will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to back up any important information.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

It doesnt im sure but its okay ive gotten used to it and just watch netflix and stuff on my PlayStation when it starts doing that

0 Kudos
d00715859

Mine does the same all the time, and I have two Rokus in my house. My internet is excellent. It shows an Error message 014.30. The Roku is just unable to connect to an excellent internet service at least you hard reset from manufacturer. Starting like a brand new device. So frustrated with this

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Greeting @d00715859

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the network connection on your Roku device. 

Based on the error code you are seeing, it is connectivity issues, have you tried restarting your router and Roku device?

To restart your router, check the instructions from your Internet Service Provider or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in. And for your Roku device, we suggest restarting it from the Settings menu.

• Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  • Select System restart

You can see more here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos