Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenun10
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

No, I just got the 2 newest Roku devices in August 2022.  The previous 2 I had lasted 14 years roughly.  

0 Kudos
nightsmusic
Streaming Star

It's not a maximum load. Figure it's like an app that works on android but not apple. Same thing. Discovery, Motortrend, YouTubeTV, all of them design their apps to work on the popular platforms and most of them design them to work on Roku, Amazon's Fire Stick and the most popular Smart TV's, but some of them don't. I love old, classic movies and subscribe to MacMillan Interactive, but their app for streaming only works on the Roku. They're still working on the Fire Stick and forget about an app for my Smart TV. I can load hundreds of streaming services on my Smart TV provided the service's app designers have made the app so it works on the TV.

0 Kudos
begierra66

Issue report tracker

Model:3960X - Roku Express

Serial number:X0260002SCFC (S0KC3282SCFC)

Software version:12.0.0  build4184-ED

GC version 9.4.20

Timestamp:2023-06-29T23:12:23Z

Please use issue ID FC-259-152 to report the current issue

I was watching YouTube

;

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @begierra66

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry you've had trouble keeping the connection to your network. Indeed, we want to assist. Please try to join another wireless network, like a mobile hotspot, to check if they have the same problem. If the device works using the mobile hotspot, your wireless network may be the problem.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CancukUser

Wonderful Roku.  I posted a reply that clearly proved this issue is a Roku issue.  In simple terms, I connected a wifi extender (same wifi setup the Roku uses) but I was able to connect the Roku to the extender with a Cat5 Internet cable.  Problem gone.

However, after posting this document with the proof Roku is the problem they barred me from this forum without any explanation.  I have set up an alternative account.  Will they reach out to me with an explanation instead of treating all these customers with the same complaint as we are all idiots.

Also, there were several threads (conversations) on this same topic but they have also erased all but this one. How can this be support when they can eliminate recurring issues without any consequences.

I assume they will bar me again.  Will they deliberately corrupt my two Roku devices to get back at me? Too bad but as a customer, I am allowed to seek help and help others.

P.S. I just bought a second Firestick on sale right now which is working perfectly.