Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

Fire Stick from Amazon.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WJessie,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced with your network maintaining a connection. We certainly want to help. Could you please try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if they're experiencing the same issue? If it doesn't, it might be an issue with your wireless network.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jenun10
Channel Surfer

I fixed the problem by buying a Firestick 

jb27
Binge Watcher

Ha ha I did the same thing. It's a very different interface and not the same show choices but  IT WORKS everytime I open it.!!

0 Kudos
Jenun10
Channel Surfer

Yes a very different look but I don’t care because it actually WORKS!! I literally bought a second Firestick for my 2nd TV.  I was holding out hoping Roku would give a 💩 but clearly they do not!  I have been a Roku customer for over 15 years!  See ya ✌🏽 

0 Kudos
jb27
Binge Watcher

So after 15 years it just went kaput?? I only had mine 6 months. I was gonna buy a Roku TV but not any more!

0 Kudos
nightsmusic
Streaming Star

I do have to say that my Roku TV doesn't give me any trouble at all. Just the streaming sticks.

0 Kudos
jb27
Binge Watcher

Hmmm interesting... But if you have a Roku TV why do you need a Roku stick (or firestick??)

0 Kudos
nightsmusic
Streaming Star

I've had the Roku TV in the bedroom for about three years. Can't remember the size. Forty inch maybe? The 70 inch Samsung Smart TV we bought at Christmas for the living room doesn't have the ability to add all the streaming services we use like Motortrend+. Motortrend+ doesn't make an app for anything but Roku/Fire Stick and Chromecast. So I have to have something I can add that to. Same with about 8 other services we use, some free, some we pay for. I have to say too, the Roku stick has a better picture than the Fire Stick, though not by much, but it does, but we've been using some form of Roku for years and this year, I've finally had it with all of the garbage that's gone on. They've gone downhill this year.

0 Kudos
jb27
Binge Watcher

Thanks for replying. I sure have a lot to learn. Didn't think smart TV's had a maximum load for streaming services. So a stick makes sense. I haven't found a difference in the picture quality but I have an old TV. Just my luck I pick the year Roku went south! They offered to replace my Roku and I wasn't going to cuz firestick works well  but maybe I'll reconsider.  Especially if certain services are only available through Roku??.