Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenun10
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

I am having the same problem! Started about a week ago.  No connection. I purchased 2 Roku 4k+ 8/22 & last week my main one used kept trying to reconnect, I swapped out Rokus, swapped out hdmi ports, swapped out TVS & did 2 factory resets & the longest I could watch was an hour.  I can’t get to Roku support, there’s no one to contact.  I need help!! Does anyone have a solution?? 

Anderson96

I am having the same issue, we’re they able to solve the problem for you?

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

No, they have not. I swapped out for a Fire Stick and everything's great.

Bocce7

Same problem with 2 of my devices for about 2 weeks.
I just order 2 firesticks to replace them. Ridiculous that they cannot fix this issue or at least acknowledge the problem.

Jenun10
Channel Surfer

There is absolutely NO ONE you can talk to at Roku to solve this issue.  I did find instructions from them below in the thread that I will try but if that doesn’t work I guess I’ll go buy a Firestick like the others are doing.  I can not watch any TV without it losing connection!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, it's working. I changed the channel on my router/modem, made sure the HDMI was in the right port, and we haven't had a disconnection in many hours. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
WJessie
Reel Rookie

Same problem here. Mine won't even hold a connection long enough for me to get back to my apps and pick a channel.

WJessie
Reel Rookie

I'm on a chat with Roku support and I keep telling him to look at this thread, but all he wants to know is how far my router is from my TV and keeps telling me to reset the router and my television. I want to scream. 

WJessie
Reel Rookie

Model C100X - Roku TV

Roku device ID: S041D01C3DMH

Software OS/version: 12.00 build 4182-93

Tracker ID: MH-169-738

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been dealing with this problem for over 3 weeks. Someone contacted me, I told them what my problem is, but it hasn't been fixed. I've changed my wifi channel, I've unplugged and replugged everything! Waited the prescribed time before reconnecting. Updated everything, everyday. And still we have connectivity issues. I'm so tired of this. We just missed 45 minutes of a 60 minute show waiting for Roku to unfreeze so I can set up the connection...again. 

This stress isn't worth it. Sitting directly in front of the TV to reconnect everything is getting very old. When is this going to get fixed???

In the meantime, you just lost another customer.