Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Since the prior person didn't answer, I will. Mine has been doing this for weeks and I have rebooted, even reset it. I have Xfinity internet with 800mps, Excellent connection, as well as my laptop is 6 feet away with no issues. Its getting to be not worth the trouble. My primary TV is Hulu live.

Suggestions?

Ron

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Same issue here. It DID start around the last update. I have 2 of the Model 3941X- Roku Express 4K+. One won't stay connected more than about 20 minutes, the other about 4 times a day. Do the moderators stay in touch with each other? Doesn't seem like it.

Roku. This has been going on for weeks now. FIX it. If not, I too will select another streaming device. It's becoming not worth the trouble.

Mojocaos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuAnjelie,

The issue happens with every channel from Hulu to YouTube and even Apple Music.

There is nothing specific that we do. We just watch an episode or two when all of a sudden it says it’s lost connection. After that we have to turn off the Roku and reconnect to the WiFi.

Below is the information you requested:

Issue report tracker

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600VCCY3W (SOAH515CCY3W)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

GC version: 9.4.20

Timestamp: 2023-07-07T23:49:46Z

Please use issue ID 3W-270-709 to report the current issue.

RJ90

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

What's the latest remedy for this? I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating to keep resetting devices every 5-10 minutes. I've also split my WiFi into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and connect Roku to the 2.4. Issue persists. I should be compensated for doing all these resets!

0 Kudos

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue as of the last week or so, it didn't happen before then. I've done everything short of factory resetting the Roku Express 4k+ 3941x whatever, and it's the only device on the network having a problem.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (3941x, X01600E7TY03, S07P21A7TY03, 12.0.0 build 4184-CR)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (All of them, at all times of day but can go hours or a day without happening, then hours of it only working for 2-10 minutes after every reboot)
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running. (No mobile device, only Roku Express 4k+)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (ID 03-273-661).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing (Plug in Roku Express 4k+ and try to stream something on any channel, watch a couple minutes and then it disconnects from the wireless network that it had Excellent signal from. I then verify on the router's Connected Devices page that the device is no longer connected, verify that our laptops and phone are still connected to rule out a problem with the router, but they all stay connected and have internet connectivity, as do the PS4, PS5, doorbell security sysem, etc. - the only device that drops off the network is the Roku)

Occasionally if I let it sit for 5-15 minutes it will reconnect and stream again for a few minutes before dropping again, but most of the time it will stay disconnected until a reboot where it automatically reconnects. I've also tried the "Exit and set up connection" option and maybe 1/5 times it will reconnect to the home network, but most often it just stays at "Checking..." until it gets a system restart. I've also unplugged it for ~15 minutes thinking maybe it was overheating, but no luck - it kept happening.

I just tried a Network Reset which also reboots it, then I had to reconnect to the network. We'll see if that does it. *edit* nope lol, about two minutes of streaming and "No connection" again.

0 Kudos
Joholtz88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same exact problem here as everyone else 4k+ loses connection constantly. I have tried everything ranging from isolating and connecting to 2.4ghz from 5ghz channel, factory reset, network reset and still nothing. Device is 5 feet away from strong Wi-Fi signal and has exact same issue:

model 3941X Roku express 4k+
software 12.0.0 build 4184-CR

GC version 9.4.20

issue I’d 39-273-744

VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

New information that helped mine........so far......

Yesterday, 7/8/23, I assigned a permanent ip address on my Comcast Xfi account (ie. 10.0.0.xxx). The Roku hasn't acted up since. I would love it if someone else could try and see if that works for you. I will keep you updated on mine. I have 2 Roku 4K devices.

0 Kudos
Joholtz88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will try tomorrow and report back. I really don’t want to buy a firestick and give Jeff Bezos a slightly larger pecker. I’d much rather support Roku, but they’re making it very hard right now! 

also what is very interesting about your suggestion is that you are using xfinity as well… here’s to hoping!

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Comcast (Xfinity) is the only option we have currently other than At&t @4mps for Internet. Believe me when I say, as soon as that good option occurs, Xfinity is out of here! We only have it for Internet. 

0 Kudos
Dcowan81

Jump to solution

I bought a new roku express 4k in Sept 2022 and it started losing internet connection. I thought it was going out. I bought a new roku express 4k and guess what? Same thing is happening. I can not believe I wasted money on these for them to not work. Please figure the issue out. I bvb have done everything to both roku's to try and "fix" the issue. My roku TVs are connected fine.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.