Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xta13ndx

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Also having the same problem. My Roku is 2 feet away from the router, and I've switched the device already. I'm about to throw both devices out the window.

prekharper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've started having the same problem, re-started everything, re-connected multiple times only to have the Roku lose connection in less than ten minutes, checked w/internet provider (all of my other wireless devices are connected and fine).

Time to look at those Prime Day deals on Firesticks or will Roku come through with some useful info that does not direct users to make re-connection a full-time job? If troubleshooting takes as much time as described, I'm inclined to leave the product.

Lilzanazo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s a shame because I really like Roku. But this troubleshooting has been less than helpful. I’ll have to go with my less desired option of a fire stick because this is ridiculous at this point. 

I was hoping that Roku would push an update to correct an issue because I knew I couldn’t be the only one. But here we are. 

prekharper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep. After 2 more reboots of my router (even though everything else was connected and experiencing no problems) & reboots of the Roku (yes, I followed the directions), only to have the connection lost - now in less than 5 minutes - I ordered the Fire Stick. Setting up the streaming services on a new device feels far less troublesome than the less-than-helpful process we're being offered for Roku.

With that in mind, it's been almost exactly 2 years of service for the Roku - I had another but purchased a new one when moving to this apartment. Shall I assume that's the life of the device?

Coltrane

Jump to solution

Same problem with my Roku model:3920X. Works fine for 15 to 30 minutes, then loses the connection and needs to be restarted. Started about 1-2 weeks ago and no other devices are affected.

Mojocaos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can you moderators please stop giving us the same suggestions. We have all tried them and they do not work. The last update has caused the Rokus to lose Wi-Fi connection. It will work for a few minutes or hours but it will happen again. It’s not our Wi-Fi connection because the old Rokus work just fine but the new ones have the issue. It’s a software issue, please forward the issue to the developers.

sidezr

Jump to solution

I'm having similar problem with my 11 months old Roku Express 4K+, model 3941X. And when it disconnects, it is unable to see any WiFi network to reconnect to. Only a reboot makes it work again. My older Roku in another room and a Fire TV stick in the living room do not have any of these problems.

Roku is plugged directly to a power outlet; all factory resets have been done; Roku is about 3 feet away from router in same room. Any network configuration changes (different channels, names and hotspots) still do not solve the problem.

I contacted Roku for warranty replacement about two weeks ago, and I have not received any reply back. Are they letting the warranty expire? This is ridiculous.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue you're experiencing. That's not what we aim for.

At this point, you appear to have performed many excellent troubleshooting. We would be more than pleased to investigate this matter further but will require further information. Would you kindly send us the following details?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the necessary information, we can pass it on to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
prekharper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't tell you what model, etc: I got sick of rebooting after 5 - 10 minutes of connectivity and replaced the device. 

What channel? Any that I happen to be trying to watch at the time or never letting me connect when turning it on.

And the new device is NOT a Roku.

You need to offer better customer service that doesn't rely on users performing the same task multiple times (and some on this forum have been doing that for months).

0 Kudos
jgtwrites
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been having a similar issue for about 2 to 3 weeks with a 3941X - Roku Express 4K+. I am presented with "Not Connected" on a daily basis. I end up doing a System Restart as the quickest way to remedy the issue. I have not had as many "drops" as other users here are suffering, but this is still an annoying issue.

I have two other Roku devices, a Roku Ultra - 2020, and a Streaming Stick 4K - 2021, both of which are working fine.

This is obviously not an isolated issue and Roku should be working on a fix, not telling people to change where it's plugged in.

Thank you.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.