Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Same connection issue as everyone else

Jump to solution

Hi @GaryPet

Thank you for posting here in Roku Community.

What Roku model devices are you using? Do you see any error messages when you see this issue? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps what you are experiencing?

If the issue persists, let us know.

All the best,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m using Roku Express 4K boxes. I’ve rebooted my router, reset the boxes, and checked all the items mentioned in other posts here. It should not be this difficult. 

0 Kudos
Lilzanazo
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Hi John  I have followed all of your steps and we’re met with the following results  

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4k+

Serial #: X01600VT91MS

Software Version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

Device ID: S07P514T91M5

• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)

this issue occurs on all channels, no matter the version or build. I cannot watch tv using the Roku at all for longer than 20 mins, and sometimes as little as 1-2 mins

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Tracker ID for disconnection: (I selected a movie on Disney plus and the movie never loaded because the system said not connected  I tried finding the tracker ID but it just took me home) 

Tracker ID for unable to connect: error 014.30 (same thing with pressing home 5 times and back 5 times, simply took me home and no tracker ID appeared)

• Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Steps to reproduce this issue are simple: connect to any app and try to watch or play any item. Sometimes I’m not even connected to apps at all and the service will say not connected. When I go to connect, the error will say that Roku is unable to connect to the internet even though I have full signal strength. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GaryPet,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You seem to have done a lot of fantastic troubleshooting at this point. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

I have done everything Roku suggests, this only started happening after the 5/19/23 system update, so I think it may be a coding problem.

The only way I can fix it temorarily is to restart the Roku unit, but that only lasts for awhile

GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As usual the box cut out after 5 or 10 minutes….

Mod# 3941x
Ser# x0160d4dpyn

Dev ID s07p2174dpyn

soft 12.0.0 bld 4184-cr

gc ver 9.3.516

issue ID YN-248-885

0 Kudos
GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks. 
I added the info to the thread. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GaryPet,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

2nd box crapped out. Same model box. 
issue code is CO-248-988

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

Hi @PhillySpecial,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.