Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oden007

Roku just stopped connecting to Wifi?

Two days ago, my Roku Express in my bedroom just stopped connecting to the WiFi. My router is in the next room over. I have done all the troubleshooting as stated in Roku's website including:

Restarting the Router Re-entering my password Leaving the Roku powered off (from main power cable) for more than an hour. (I know that's excessive) Factory Resetting the Roku

None of these steps have worked and still can't find any help on why did this happen and why won't it connect still. I am not having any other connectivity issues with any other devices. Any ideas what else I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku just stopped connecting to Wifi?

It's possible your ISP (Internet Service Provider) updated and/or changed a setting in your router.  Ensure your Wi-Fi's wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  You may need help from your ISP or post the model number of your router and your ISP and someone here may be able to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sydneyco

Were you able to find a resolve for this? all of my Roku’s in my house suddenly won’t connect to my Internet although my Internet connection states I’m running at more than optimal speeds and any other devices can connect to my wifi. I have a router right next to one Roku and won’t let me connect. I also did the hard reset on one to see. Nothing has worked

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sydneyco

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos