Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karen81

Roku disconnected from Wifi in middle of a show

In the middle of watching show with Roku, the WIFI dropped and suddenly the system cannot find my WIFI. Everything in my house is working fine-- the smart TV is connected, the computers, etc.  Does Roku just give out like that? It is an 'older' model- 3930x.  Would the same thing happen if I got a newer model? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku disconnected from Wifi in middle of a show

Hi @karen81,

Welcome, and thank you for your post.

You can try the following resolution to this issue:

1. Reset your network by going to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Network Connection Reset.
2. Reboot your router.
3. Re-set up the network.

If the device doesn't hold a connection or you still can't find your network, please try using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and observe for a difference.

We hope you keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku disconnected from Wifi in middle of a show

Since the 3930 is a 2.4GHz-only model, I would check that the router is still broadcasting 2.4GHz and that it is set for all modes: b/g/n (not just g/n.)  Routers usually get updates regularly, and sometimes the update changes some settings like this. I've had to turn on my parents' 2.4GHz a couple of times.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos