Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlB

Roku cannot launch any streaming services but internet otherwise working

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Internet signal good.  When I go to settings and network, it indicates a green check for internet and wireless.   I can use the internet on my laptop.  In fact I am typing this on my laptop now.    But when I try to use any of the Roku apps such as netflix, AmazonPrime, YouTube TV, I get messages like "failed to load content",  or "no internet connection."  I have unplugged and plugged everything multiple times.  We have two Roku devices on different TVs.  Same problem on each.    I swapped out one  Roku for an Apple TV box and had the same problem.  I see that no one actually helped the prior writer.  Has anyone had the same issue. Any ideas?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku cannot launch any streaming services but internet otherwise working

Jump to solution

Hi @KarlB,

Welcome to the Roku community!

For this concern, we recommend restarting all your network equipment—gateway, modem, and router. Just unplug everything for a few seconds and plug them back in. Once your network equipment restarts, restart your Roku devices.

To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rema,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you taking fantastic troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. Since you are connected to a mobile hotspot, everything seems to be working fine. We recommend restarting all your network equipment—gateway, modem, and router. Just unplug everything for a few seconds and plug them back in. Once your network equipment restarts, restart your Roku devices.

To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Also, ensure that your router broadcasts a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
KarlB

Jump to solution

One more clue:  This happened after a power outage.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KarlB,

Welcome to the Roku community!

For this concern, we recommend restarting all your network equipment—gateway, modem, and router. Just unplug everything for a few seconds and plug them back in. Once your network equipment restarts, restart your Roku devices.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me. 3 devices, nothing changes, did all the steps. Internet went out and now I feel like I'm back to square one looking for a streaming device. Really need on call customer service, feel like searching through this page is pointless because of so many issues.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Alittlebite,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd love to investigate this issue further. May we know how far your Roku device is from your network router? Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer) Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dpkell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have made no changes to internet services, no new equipment and have had Roku for about 4 years. There is a "not connected" error message. This has never happened before. The TV and modem have not been moved. There hasn't been a problem until 2 days ago. We have rebooted everything - router and Roku - Roku more than once. There are 2 bars out of 3 on the internet connection on the laptop - which has always been enough to stream in the past (I can stream Prime directly from the laptop). Have there been changes with Roku that require more speed now than last week? Do I need to upgrade the internet service speed?

Thanks.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dpkell,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Could you provide us with the serial number of your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dpkell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for responding: SN:K429AE414611.

We have reset Roku probably 3-4 times, turned power off and on a few times, shut down the modem/router, reentered the PW on Roku, moved the TV around - but there was no reason to think that would help, as modem and TV have been in the same place relative to each other since before we had Roku. Perhaps the Roku model is just old and we need a new one. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Pennynv

Jump to solution

We are having same issue.  But only on one of the Roku express devices.  It says internet connect and excellent strength. But when launching any app it won’t load content.  Have tried everything, system reset, pressing the button on back of device, powered on off, reset network and modem.  All other devices on network including other Rokus working fine.   Very frustrating.

Pennynv

Jump to solution

Now it’s even worse.  Tried to do an update and now it won’t even load the Home Screen.  Giving an 003 error.  About as good as a brick.  Reset button and unplugging  don’t change a thing.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Kudos