Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV not connecting to internet.

I unplugged my Hisense Roku tv for about a month bc I was moving. When I moved into my new place and tried to connect my tv to my hotspot ( which I have done a million times b4 with no problem) it wouldn’t connect when we got wireless internet I tired again and again nothing. it won’t pickup any networks AT ALL. I have factory reseted it I have restarted it a 100 times and still nothing. What can I do? It won’t read my hotspot nor my internet with it hooked up or wireless. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [FIXED] Roku TV - OTA channels may not be showing up

Hi @Savannahtori,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing that your Hisense Roku TV isn't connecting to the network. We would be more than glad to assist and provide you with troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

If your Hisense Roku TV is not connecting to the internet, here are the steps that we can provide.

• Check that your Wi-Fi network is working properly. You can perform this by connecting another device, such as a laptop or smartphone, to the same Wi-Fi network and verifying that it can access the internet.
  • Make sure that your Network signal is strong. A weak Wi-Fi signal could be the reason your TV is not connecting.
  • Check that your Hisense Roku TV is running the latest software version by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" > "Check now." If an update is available, install it and see if it resolves the issue.
  • Contact your internet service provider to see if there is an issue with your connection.

We hope it helps!
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My Roku is not connecting with my Internet went through the steps several times still not working 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tamaraspears01,

A warm greeting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the connectivity issue you've encountered with your Roku device and rest assured that we're here to help. You can follow the troubleshooting steps provided above to resolve the issue.

We hope it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@RokuTakashi How are they supposed to update the software if the device will not connect to the internet?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV not connecting to internet.

@Savannahtori, if it isn't showing any access points that's a bad sign.  Is the MAC address that's displayed under Settings->Network->About all zeros?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Polcate
Reel Rookie

I've been searching for a logical answer and sorry to say your answers didn't help.  I'm about to write a letter to several agencies because they say they offer Roku live support but all I get are the same answers and questions over and over.  I bought 2 Roku Express 4K+ systems and am sick and tired of fighting this.

I need a phone number for Roku help if all I can get on the computer doesn't work.  

0 Kudos
Polcate
Reel Rookie

I forgot to say I've been thru all instructions and community problems.  Had it hooked up to another TV for approximately a month and a half.  Have switched TVs. and cannot get the 1 1.2 mo. or the new Roku Express 4K+to connect.   I'm fed up and need someone to talk to rather than me telling them Ive aready tried tried that on the computer 3 or 4 dozen times.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Polcate.

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for Support in setting up your new Roku Express 4K. No worries! We'd be more than happy to offer some help.

Could you please let us know if this is about connecting your Roku Express 4K to a network connection? If so, could you please let us know the steps you've tried to try and connect your device to a network? Also, are there any error messages prompted on your screen?

In the meantime, we suggest trying to connect your device to an alternative network to see if it will successfully connect. Perhaps, a mobile hotspot would do.

We'll be anticipating your update as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Polcate
Reel Rookie

Carly,

I can't do this on the computer.  I am 80 and have bad arthritis.  I cannot handle all the typing that will be necessary to get this to hook up.  I have an older TV with the necessary hook-ups and nothing came up on my tv--nothing from the roku..  As I told the moderator in my more thorough message yesterday, I tried everything I could found that I could try in the instructions and on the community. Worked on this 2 to 3 hours.  I need help over the phone.  I need to ask questions because I am not tech language inclined. - computer or TV.  I need a tech number to call.  I have 2 TVs I want to install Roku's Express 4K+. or an address I can mail the 2 Roku systems I purchased back for a refund.  They were purchased thru Walmart and I don't think Walmart will take them back because one was connected (via phone) for 1 1/2 months and disconnected it when I moved the TV.