Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Premiere 5 GHz SSID not found

Jump to solution

Hi! I had to switch my Roku Stick out for a Roku Premiere. My Roku Stick could detect my 5 GHz wifi SSID. The Premiere only sees my 2.4 GHz wifi SSID. Same location same home connection, but Premier can't see the 5 GHz SSID. Is this a limitation of the model?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Premiere 5 GHz SSID not found

Jump to solution

That one is 2.4GHz only.

I usually refer to this chart, where anything that doesn't say "dual band" is 2.4GHz only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do you know the model number?  Because 5Ghz support depends on which Premiere it is.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response! It is the 3920X

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That one is 2.4GHz only.

I usually refer to this chart, where anything that doesn't say "dual band" is 2.4GHz only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

Jump to solution

Many thanks! Looks like this model is only 2.4 GHz. It's okay I think, the video looks as good as before. I think the audio is the same as well though it might be my imagination looking for differences. Thanks for the link!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.