Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Althea64
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Does Not Stay Connected to WiFi

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV and n ONN Rolu TV. The TCL consistantly loses wifi, the ONN does not. Is this a TV issue?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Althea64,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into with your TCL Roku TV that consistently loses Wi-Fi connections. Please provide us with more details.

• How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerryjee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is utter bull**bleep**. Your device is flawed.

0 Kudos
Tyni

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. 2 TCL 6 series roku TVs and a roku stick on an LG TV; they are all disconnecting. My computer and phones have no problem connecting. Excellent WIFI signal strength at each TV, one router and one repeater available for connection and I've had each device now for at least a couple years or longer. In the last month, I have to resent everything nearly daily to be able to connect. I need a solution!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tyni,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to of assistance with this network connectivity issue on your Roku device and we appreciate you for flagging us about this.

I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dickless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Fast forward to June 2024,

Roku is still having the same issues or at least my Roku smart TV is.  

Once again Roku is blaming somebody else for an issue that they own.

The person described exactly what my issues are and that is all of a sudden last winter my smart (Roku) TV will not stay connected to wifi.

Now I have had this TV for 8 years and never had a problem. Its not my equipment or my internet provider because every other device I have has no problem connecting. My internet speed is awesome, I can stream anything on other devices except for the roku. 

I would say that narrows it down wouldn't you ? Now Roku is saying change your security ? Give me a break. There are thousands and thousands of people with the same issues and it is not getting resolved because Roku knows what the problem is and knows its their new updates that are causing this.

Roku Is simply blowing smoke up everyone's ass until they get tired of **bleep**ing about it and go away buy scraping the Roku and going with another brand that works. 

Me, I am done with this BS. I'm taking my Roku tv out to the shooting range and use it for target practice because that's all its good for.

0 Kudos
dickless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

you need a solution ? Get rid of Roku . I did as I had the exact same issues and its not going to get fixed. RUN !!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.