Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error 003. please help me

Jump to solution

TV was fine when I turned it off Saturday night,  Sunday morning screen came on a ladies voice said to push upper right home button and upper left back button but I was using my xfinaty internet remote and it was different so I found my Roku remote I guess she got tired of waiting,  she didn't respond.  Screen only shows can't update Please set up your network connection and try again   error 003 and choice to try again or cancel neither does anything. No way to go to settings or anywhere so can't set up whatever it wants should I have my internet service provider come? Internet is working on phone, tablets ect.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @suelarose51!

Thank you for raising your concern regarding this matter. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Having Error 003 means that your network connection is unstable. Even with having a strong internet connection, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays or errors like this. We also need to consider how many devices are connected.

Nevertheless, we suggest rebooting your router by unplugging it for about 60 seconds and replugging it again. 

If the error 003 still occurs, we can also try to connect your Roku player to an alternative network connection to see if this will make any difference. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mthurston484!

We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. We're committed to providing you with the best possible resolution. 

Error 003 means you have an unstable network connection, usually caused by fluctuations in speed or signal strength. It is also important to consider the number of devices that are connected to your network.

These are the options that you can try.

• Reboot both the router and Roku device by unplugging them from the power outlet for 20 seconds, and then plug them back in.
  • Connect to a mobile hotspot and perform the update.

For more information, you can check our support page here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you.

Best wishes,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @suelarose51!

Thank you for raising your concern regarding this matter. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Having Error 003 means that your network connection is unstable. Even with having a strong internet connection, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays or errors like this. We also need to consider how many devices are connected.

Nevertheless, we suggest rebooting your router by unplugging it for about 60 seconds and replugging it again. 

If the error 003 still occurs, we can also try to connect your Roku player to an alternative network connection to see if this will make any difference. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi need help to update my ROKU TV plz 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I don't know anything about ROKU TV need help because it's on a error 003

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Kenneth1987

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. First, let's perform a troubleshooting step on your Roku TV by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. Then, restart your router/modem. After this, kindly check if you're still seeing the same issue occur.

Please keep us posted on how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ufukor1969

Jump to solution

To whomever suggested rebooting and that the signal strength was unstable - that advice is not universally correct. Our wifi strength according to the Roku screen was strong and therefore, rebooting would be a waste of time.

After switching roku devices from another TV my conclusion this roku device is faulty. Why? Because the other device worked on this current TV before switching to the other one and now this TV is not working. Therefore, this particular Roku device is faulty.

So, after shutting down all our systems the correct proceedure now is to replace the faulty Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ufukor1969,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the trouble about this, and we'd like to see more on what's going on with this network issue.

Could you please let us know this device's serial number? Usually located on the back of the device, you may also access it by going to Settings>>System>>About.

We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pkhorse5

Jump to solution

Still not working 

0 Kudos
Pkhorse5

Jump to solution

X02000uc5me8

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pkhorse5,

Thank you for the update!

I'll take care of this information in the meantime. Do you have a mobile hotspot that we can try to connect with?

Try connecting your Roku TV to it and then try again to see if that reproduces the same error.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.