Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error 003. please help me

Jump to solution

Please note that this will result in a complete system reset of your device. Hold the reset button on your Roku until the device turns off and reboots. At this point you will be able to setup the device as if it were new. Also at that point you are able to sign in from a hotel or dorm room. Once you are prompted and log into your Roku account the device will reload all your apps.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried to get my Roku working, since the eclipse on April 8th,2024 I haven’t been able to connect, could the earthquake or power outages have caused this issue? Please help? 

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mthurston484!

We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. We're committed to providing you with the best possible resolution. 

Error 003 means you have an unstable network connection, usually caused by fluctuations in speed or signal strength. It is also important to consider the number of devices that are connected to your network.

These are the options that you can try.

• Reboot both the router and Roku device by unplugging them from the power outlet for 20 seconds, and then plug them back in.
  • Connect to a mobile hotspot and perform the update.

For more information, you can check our support page here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you.

Best wishes,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kaisadavis

Jump to solution

Having problems changing to a different internet connection while updating TV stuck on updating mode giving message 003. How do I change the internet connection? Now you're hunter with

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kaisadavis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing for encountering the 003 error code updating your Roku device. We'd be more than happy to look into this further.

For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

1. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  3. Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, reboot the router and Roku device by unplugging them from the power outlet for 20 seconds and then plugging them back in.

We would also recommend taking a look at the steps provided by our Support pages here:

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I agree and have had the identical result. I am left with returning the Roku device and getting an amazon fire stick.

Thanks for wasting a good part of my Saturday!

Dave

0 Kudos
Movedon

Jump to solution

Same error 99% of the time contrary to what TS says it is NOT your network.  Mine was a bad Roku device out of the box.  Returned and bought and Apple TV.

Quality Count!

0 Kudos
Donwoohay

Jump to solution

None of these solutions work. There is no other device connected to the my network. I even tried to use my phone's hot spot.  Is my device defective? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.