Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU loses connection every time it is turned off. I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in.

Hi @jerryc50,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku device since it loses connection when it is turned off. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your device from your network router?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Are you getting any error messages or codes?

In the meantime, you may check out this support article here on how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John
John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jerryc50
Reel Rookie

ROKU loses connection every time it is turned off. I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in.

0 Kudos
jerryc50
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU loses connection every time it is turned off. I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in.

The Roku is about 25 ft from the router. When I check the signal strength on the ROKU, it shows a 4 out of 5 and sometimes a 5 out of 5. When I click the wireless network option, the little circle with the spinning arrow just goes round and round forever ( generally I wait 10 minutes but sometimes 30 ). Then I unplug the Roku TV and it connects in five seconds. I have a big entertainment center and it is difficult to get to the outlet. The TV worked fine the first 6 weeks but now it will only connect if I unplug it and plug it back in.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.