Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDenis

Wifi connection very unreliable

Hi everyone 

So I use my Roku Express for travel, and I've been in the hotel for a few weeks now. At first I could connect to the hotel wifi no problem. Yesterday though, it started acting up: it says it's connected but none of the channels actually work. I tried to disconnect and reconnect many times, but I either get the same result (says it's connected but no internet), or I get error 014 once in a while, or I get to the part where I have to go through the hotel/form connection process. The problem with the latter is that it starts off normally, but then stops on its own as if it's connecting all of a sudden and the cycle repeats.

Ive tried to restart, reset network connections and even turn it off completely for a few hours. Always the same issue. 

Where it gets funky is I can connect to my cell phone on hotspot, BUT if I try my travel router, it connects, works for a few minutes then it disconnects and won't even see the 2.4 GHz SSID. Like it's there, I see it with all my other devices and it works, but the Roku refuses to even see it listed...

I really have no clue what's going on, but clearly there seems to be either two coincidentally happening issues or a larger, networks related issue.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.